Monday, February 18, 2008

What is happening?



It's hard to say what people are thinking at any given time. People handle stressful situations differently. What might stress one person can affect another person differently.

Sunday night another young person from our small community of 1500 residents was found dead. The investigation continues to try to find out all the answers to this tragedy.

On June 10, 2006 the picture above was taken of Angela, Shelley and myself. I had such a good time that day. We were asked to judge our annual Red, White and Blue Festival parade entries. I was driving the rented golf cart through the parade entries as we made notes and talked about which one we thought deserved the trophies for first, second and third place.

I remember laughing for over an hour at and with Angela and Shelley. We were waiting for the rest of the parade to line up so we could continue our official judging. I remember Lanny making each of us a margarita, which of course caused us to laugh that much more! I have this picture on myspace page titled 'Three Smokin' Babes' Each time the golf cart would stop, Angela and Shelley would light up a cigarette. This stop I took one from Shelley and gave Kendra my camera and had her snap the picture. Several times over the last year I've looked at this picture and has a laugh or at least a smile on my face.

I will always have good memories of Angela not only from this day, but from the times she came into the Town Hall office to pay her utility bill. Each time she spoke to me she had a smile on her face and we often talked about her daughter Katelyn who was the same age of my son and had actually went to school together in kindergarten. I would never had dreamed a mere 20 months after the above photo was taken I would hear the tragic news of Angela's death.

I don't know how much more our community can take. I will continue to pray for Angela's family and friends and pray for answers. Good bye Angela.

No comments: