Sunday, February 17, 2008

1300

To say that I am exhausted is an understatement. I do not think I was quite over Valentines’ Day yet and I had to get up early again Saturday to do Enter His Courts at my church. EHC is a six-week program for kids K-5th grades to play basketball and learn about Jesus. I am usually up and at church by 6:30 a.m. Saturday mornings preparing breakfast for the players and fans that beginning arriving by 8:00 a.m.

Saturday morning when the alarm went off, I thought I would just lay in bed for a few moments and listen to the first song. Well, the first song ended and I thought I would listen to another. Unfortunately, I fell back to sleep and woke up at 6:37 a.m. I was late! I made it to church before 7:00 a.m. and starting cooking. I managed to have the biscuits and gravy complete before my first customer.

Shortly before 8:30, I was out of gravy! Quickly I prepared another crock pot full, but, before 9:30 that was gone and so were the biscuits! I thought I had prepared a little too much, but I was wrong. I opened six more cans of biscuits and made another crock pot full of gravy. By the time I was completely out of gravy and biscuits, I had used 12 cans of biscuits and five crock pots full of gravy! Normally I sell five cans of biscuits and about one and one-half crock pots of gravy! I was thinking I might have some left over to prepare for my Sunday School class Sunday, but the fans proved me wrong.

This was what was in store for me for the rest of the day...

After my gravy was gone, I cleaned the pot and prepared the Ballpark Franks. I had more than 30 hotdogs and was sure I would have some left over. Wrong again! I guess people were hungry! I sold more than 30 hotdogs yesterday!

My speciality is ‘Taco’s in a Bag’. I had prepared almost eight pounds of meat, nine cups of cheese, two heads of lettuce, two large tomatoes and two pounds of sour cream. By the end of the day...it was all gone!

I usually sell around $300 for the day, but this day was just different. I was busy until 2:00 p.m. and was not able to sit the whole time. I was getting past being worn out! For the day I ended up making $365. Adding that to the totals from the previous five weeks, I ended with a total of $1,300.00! One thousand three-hundred dollars for the Enter His Courts program! At the beginning I had made a goal of $1,200. The people surprised me and I met and surpassed my goal by one hundred dollars!

That was awesome! The proceeds go toward the program and helps purchase the trophies, prizes and scholarships for the kids.

You might ask, "Am I glad it is over?" YES! I am glad it over! After yesterday I am tired, exhausted, k-put and simply dragging! I know come next Saturday morning I will be wondering what am I going to do with my Saturday! I truly enjoyed it and cannot wait to do it again in 2009!

Today I am going to get on some comfortable clothing, get in my big ole’ lazy boy, curl up in a blanket, turn on the TV and relax! Oh, wait! NASCAR is on! Guess I will not be able to relax just yet!

No comments: