Tuesday, February 19, 2008

IU PU

I can remember the time, not to long ago, if there was an Indiana University Men's Basketball game on the television, you could bet I'd be right there for the opening tip to the final horn. Today was soooo different. An avid Purdue fan was in the Town Hall this morning reminding me of thee game that was going to be on tonight. Thee Game! Indiana University against Purdue University. I'm glad he stopped by this morning, because I would not have know they played tonight. Funny, tonight it wasn't the same. It's doesn't come as a surprise to me as the last few seasons haven't meant much to me.

I can remember the time I could tell you the starting five on the IU team, the subs, their record, the next game, what channel and what time the next game would be. It's just not the same anymore. Thanks in part to the firing of Robert Montgomery Knight. The hiring of Mike Davis, the hiring of Kelvin Sampson and the latest alligations against the university have taken their toll on my backing the Hoosiers the way I used to.

I did watch the final few minutes of the IU/PU game. I found my self saying, out loud, "I think it would be funny if PU won this game!" I couldn't believe what I was hearing myself saying! The final score was IU 77, PU 68. With a minute to go in the game the announcers kept telling us to stayed tuned as someone would be interviewing IU's coach Kelvin. Woop too doo!

Well, I stayed tuned, and I wasn't impressed. The idiot Sampson thought the most important thing of the game was being at the top of the Big Ten Conference with only 2 loses. Only someone who isn't a true, bleed red, Hoosier would say something like that after beating the Boilers! Come on Kelvin, the Hoosiers just beat the Boilermakers and your happy with only two losses! For crying out loud!

Indiana University announces their decision on Friday as to the alligations against the illegal tatics of Sampson. This time please, I beg you, do the right thing! Put Kelvin on the first train or bus out of Bloomington, and bring IU back to the glory days. Give us someone who knows what Hoosier Basketball is all about.

If you need help finding the right person, call me. My name is in the book.

1 comment:

Dan Kovert said...

Wait a minute.......you were actually thinking that you might want to see Purdue win, Alisa?

I knew you'd come around. Next thing you know, you'll be rooting for Jeff, too!