Monday, March 03, 2008

Honesty

If you look up the word honesty you find: Honesty is the human quality of communicating and acting truthfully realted to truth as a value. This includes listening, and any action in the human repertoire--as well as speaking.

Sometimes I really wonder if some people really get what honesty means? I am a person who will, to the best of my ablility, always, always speak the truth and be honesty with you. If you ask me a question, I will give you an honesty, truthful answer. If I don't know the answer to your question, I will do my best to find one as quickly as possible.

The best phrase I've heard in a long time is 'if you tell the truth you never have to remember anything' Think about that and how truthful it is! I have a hard time believing anyone who's lied to me in the past. How do you know they aren't doing it again when their mouth is moving.

Then you have those that I honestly don't think they realize what the truth is. They have lied, listen to lies and not heard the truth in so long they would not know it if it come up and bit them on the a$$.

As I am about to give up on the public you have a honest person to cross your path. Today a lady was given $5 extra in change, but as she went to her car and gave the change back to her husband, he came into the office. He explained he had given his wife two 20's and a 5 for a total of $45. In talking with his wife about the weather as I was counting back her change, I had in my mind she had given me a $50 bill. This gentleman was honesty enough to bring back the extra $5. He explained he would not cheat anybody for no amount of money.

Thanks Herb!

Now, if the rest of my acquaintances could learn the meaning of honesty!

No comments: