Monday, March 10, 2008

What time is it?

I am located in Jackson County in southern Indiana. Our county is one of the lucky ones that gets to participate in daylight savings time, thanks in part to “My Man Mitch”

I set my clock ahead the one hour before I went to bed on Saturday night. Most of the news media said to do it at 2 a.m., but I didn’t want woke up in the middle of the night to spring ahead and relinquish one hour of my life.

I was up before my alarm went off on Sunday morning. It was about 7 a.m., which was really 6 a.m. I couldn’t go back to sleep so I got up, did some computer work and got ready for church.

As you can see in some of my other blogs, a snow storm blanketed our small town on Friday and Saturday. The church attendance was down somewhat, but I wonder if people forgot about the time change?

Sunday night I went to bed at 11:32 p.m. which was really 10:32 p.m. Before I went to bed I did one last look at my emails and discovered our school was operating on a two-hour delay. So, instead of going to school at 8 a..m. (which is 7 a.m.) they would be going at 10 a.m. (which is 9 a.m.) This morning when the alarm went off at 7 a.m. (which was 6 a.m.) I was tired! I hit the snooze button several times before I decided to reset the alarm to 9 a.m.(which was 8 a.m.) I wasn’t as tired when the alarm went off the second time as I was the first.

I finally made it to work at 10 a.m. (which was 9 a.m.) I’m caught up with what I needed to do today and looking forward to the end of the day at 4:30 p.m. (which is 3:30 p.m.) I guess eventually I will get used to this spring ahead time, but, I’m already looking forward to the fall season so we can fall back and I can get my hour of life back!

Once we are there, I hope ole’ Mitch leaves us alone!

No comments: