Thursday, March 13, 2008

A short cut?

On Wednesday Ric, Patrick and I went to Seymour to shop at Big Lots. When we were leaving and pulling out of the parking lot onto highway 50 Ric made an unexpected turn into a field. "Where do you think you are going?" I asked. "It's a short cut," Ric said quickly. He said this was the same way he drove home from work each day so I figured he knew what he was talking about!

It looked like to me no one had traveled this way before, but Ric assured Patrick and I we were safe. A few moments later, we came upon a large cattle gate. There was no way around it. "A shortcut!" I exclaimed. In front of us was this large gate with walls of concrete on the other side. We got out of the truck and jumped over the gate and started walking to see where the walls headed. It seemed like we walked for hours, but I think it was actually only a few moments.

After a few left and right turns we were lost in the maze. Finally we came upon a door, opened it and seen a man sitting on the other side of a door working on a computer. Ric and Patrick went and knocked on the glass to get his attention. He came into the room and explained to us we needed to look into his eyes as he was going to take all of our knowledge and memory and only leave us with 30% of our brain! I told him I was not going to look at him and he was not taking any of my son's memory.

While I was arguing with him, he was looking at Ric and the next thing I seen, he zapped Ric's brain. Next it was Patrick's turn and just as quickly he was zapped too. I was the only one left. I would not look at the man so he offered me a toothbrush and said he would leave me with 35% of my brain if I would look at him. Next thing I knew, I had been zapped and we were being lead into another room.

I was so upset because I knew for the rest of our lives we would be stuck in the 8 foot by 8 foot room and have no future. I recall being very upset because my 13 year old son was not going to have the life I have always wanted for him.

When I woke up, yes this has all been a dream, my shirt was wet from sweating and my heart was about to beat out of my chest. This was about 3:30 a.m. on Wednesday morning and it took me about 2 hours before I could go back to sleep.

As I look back now, this was hillarious. I got to keep 5% of my knowledge and I received a new toothbrush too!

Some dreams just don't make sense. I bet a counselor would have a field day with this one. I just keep telling myself, I am NOT crazy! :-)

No comments: