Monday, January 05, 2009

Year End Procedure(s)

I can remember a few years back in 1978, when I had my first job. At the end of the year I couldn't wait to get my W2 so I could file my taxes. My second job was no different, and at the end of the year I was ready for my W2 on January 1st. Of course, I never got it that early, but I always wanted it early.

Now, it's different. I am the one who prepares the W2's for the employees and I can tell you they won't (and didn't) receive them on January 1st! Ha, ha! I couldn't imagine preparing the W2's for a large company with hundreds of employees! Gasp!! I know I would fret over getting them done, just the same way I fret over the ones I do now.

Having to do year end procedures on both jobs I do, makes my nerves stand on end just thinking about ending the year for both programs. Everything went extrememly well the end of December, and on January 2, with few customers coming in, I completed the end-of-year on the billing program. Ahhhh, one accomplishment under my belt!

This morning, it was time to move on to the payroll, something I dreaded all weekend. Today, I wasn't as lucky with my customers. In between waiting on them, reading and re-reading my W2 instructions, talking to myself, and actually answering myself a few times, I wasn't as lucky as I was with my billing, so I didn't get completely done with the w2's today. Tomorrow isn't looking too good right now either. :-(

The good thing, I don't have to have the employee's their W2's till late in January. I'm sure I'll have them done way before then, but it's good knowing I have a few weeks to work with! ;-)

You'll never hear me say, "I'll be glad when this year is over with!" When the year is over with, my headaches begin!

No comments: