Friday, January 02, 2009

Do you like to share?

Have you ever been in a situation where you had to share a computer with another person? If you haven't, let me tell you, it can become a nightmare!

Once the computer is set up and running smoothly, without any problems, it should be left alone. Set the antivirus and spyware to update and scan while you are away from the computer, and it won't slow you down when you are trying to operate the computer.

Once the background screen is set...leave it alone. I will be the first one to admit looking at the same background for days on end could get boring. But, if you are only seeing the background once the computer is turned on, then again when you are turning the computer off, maybe for 10 seconds total, there is no need to change the background screen on a weekly basis.

Then there is the changing and DELETING of my picture files! Yes, MY PICTURES! The pictures I took from my vacation, in Florida, and some from Tennessee! I take a great deal of pride in my picture taking. I am by no means an expert photographer, and don't claim to be. But, don't delete MY pictures I've uploaded to use during a presentation! That is just plain rude!

I find it strange how I can operate the system for weeks and weeks with no problems, only to have another person set down and the entire system fails (so they say). I've spent the last five hours looking through my photos, trying the find the perfect ones I was using. I've found some of them, but not all of 'em...grrrrr! It's coming up on my week to use this computer again...

I'll let you know if there are any kinks!

No comments: