Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The Survey Says...

Who invented the age groups and when are we supposed to consider ourselves old? When I have done baby contests, I’ve done the age groups in months from 0-3, 4-6, 7-12, 13-24 and 25-36. Then you graduate to a different category all together…years! When I was involved with the youth league we had ages from 3-5, 6-8, 9-12, and 13-15 years. Then you’re in high school at 15 years old. You’re a snot nose Freshman, graduating to Sophomore, Junior and finally 18, and a Senior! But hold on…now you’re 18 and you have moved to another category. The group of 18-21 year olds. When doing surveys, it is funny how someone determines what groups to categorize everyone into.

The latest survey I completed had the age group 46-50 and 50+! What? Why are they ending the age groups at 50? That is waaaaay to young to stop counting. So, is that when they think we are to consider ourselves old? It’s funny when we were in the lower age groups, we aren’t thinking of health issues, retirement, and all the other old topics.

I think we are just as old as we feel and as old as we want to be. I don’t care what category the survey says I’m supposed to be in, I’m feeling way to young for someone to tell me I’m old!

My grandparents are the old ones!

No comments: