Sunday, May 18, 2008

What's cookin?

As I had planned earlier this week, Ric, Patrick and I, went to Seymour to The Pines to eat for our anniversary. Sunday was barbecue day at the local restaurant. I have to tell you, this was some of thee best barbecue I've ate in a long time. I think Ric and Patrick went back for second helpings of the pulled pork and the ribs. Our dogs even got to enjoy the ribs as Patrick brought some of the discarded rib bones home to them! ;-)

I had read about the barbecue event on Mike's website blog at http://thepinesonline.com/whatiscookin/

Shelley had mentioned his website in one of her previous blogs. Once I started reading Mike's blog, I was hooked for life! I enjoy reading about how Mike makes sausage gravy and homemade pancakes, along with all of his other life events.

We went to The Pines today and got to meet Mike and his son Mitch in action:

Photobucket

If you were anywhere close to The Pines on US Highway 31 today, you could smell the barbecue cookin' and it was as good as it smelled!

I introduced myself as Shelley's much younger friend and right off Mike said, "Ah, yes, you're Alisa!"

We enjoyed getting to talk with Mike and watch his son Mitch cook the ribs and chicken to perfection.

June 15th is Fathers' Day and The Pines is now taking reservations for their next big barbecue event. Ric will get to choose where he goes for his special day, but I bet we will be enjoying more of Mike and Mitch's delicious cooking at The Pines.

Thanks to Mike and Mitchell for taking time out of their busy day and making us feel welcome! I look forward to reading more on Mike's blog and getting a few of the secrets on making successful meals!

No comments: