Friday, May 23, 2008

Last School Day for '08

Today was a special day for Patrick as it was his last school day for the '07-'08 school year. To me, it seems like each years goes faster and faster and I can't believe it's the end of another year already! Things started out pretty normal this morning. As usual I dropped Patrick off at 7:50 a.m. for him to start his day.


Photobucket


At the end of the day, Patrick called and wanted me to bring my camera to snap some photos of the retiring teachers. Out of the five that are retiring, Patrick had three of them as teachers this year.

Cheryl Verling was teaching junior high school when I was in the 8th grade, so I know she's been there somewhere around 35 years.

Photobucket

Carol Otte was also a teacher when I was there and actually coached me when I played volleyball my sophomore, junior and senior years. She was there my freshman year, but didn't coach because of the birth of her son Matthew.
Photobucket


Last but certainly not least is Donna Koerner. She was hired as a teacher when I was in high school, but I never had the opportunity to have her as a teacher. I was very glad Patrick had her for Literature and English this year, as he has learned alot from her.

Photobucket

The other teachers retiring are Connie Hehman and Anita Rothring.

Several years of experience will be lost with this group of teachers calling it quits. I know with the teachers pictured above, Patrick is a different person because of them. All three have had a positive influence on his school year and to them I say thank you!

Patrick tired to be strong today as everyone was saying their good-byes, but when it came Patrick's turn, he, like everyone, had tears in his eyes too.

Thanks to Cheryl, Donna and Carol for making a difference in my son's life. You will truly be missed!

2 comments:

Shelley said...

I was also fortunate enough to have Carol Otte and Cheryl Vierling during my days at C'ville. I hope all the ladies enjoy their retirement!

Very awesome post with great photos! The images you took today will mean even more in years to come.

Dan Kovert said...

I had four of the five, Carol Otte, Cheryl Verling, Anita Rothring and Donna Koerner. Each of them had a positive impact on my life and I'd certainly not be where I am today without each of them pushing me to succeed.