Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Eagles

I mostly listen to country music when the radio is on in my truck. If I have the radio on in the house, it's usually tuned to a country station too. A few days ago, we were watching the CMA awards show on television. I always like to watch the show to see George Strait, Alabama, Reba, Brooks & Dunn and all the other older singers.

To my surprise the Eagles performed during the awards show. Funny thing was our son Patrick said, "I really like the Eagles. Have you or Dad ever heard them sing?"

I couldn't answering him right away as I was laughing hard. I was remembering Glenn Frey and Don Henley from 1972 with songs like Take it Easy, Best of My Love, One of These Nights, Lyin' Eyes and my all time favorite Hotel California. A mere 36 years ago.

So once I explained to Patrick that his dad and I had heard of the group the Eagles from our childhood, he understood why we were tickled.

Thankfully they are still around with their new album Long Road Out of Eden, which was released in November 2007. The Eagles are on the cover the the May issue of Rolling Stone as they continue to make news today as they did several years earlier.

The Eagles' website can be view at: http://www.eaglesband.com/ It sure did bring back countless memories of a different generation!

No comments: