Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mothers' Day

Today is a special day for so many special people. I became a mother in 1992 with the birth of our first son, Rick K. In 1994, our second son Patrick was born. Like most mothers would say, it seems like yesterday this took place and I am not any different. It seems like I was just bringing him home from the hospital, but in July Patrick will be 14!

Today, after church and Sunday School, Patrick and I took my mom out to eat at Tumbleweeds. It was an experience as it was her first time to eat there. If you know my mom, you know she is a very picky eater. She finally decided on the rack of ribs, sweet potato and after some coaxing from me, she ordered the dinner salad. I was pleased to hear her give a complement on the food saying it was almost as good as hers. That was as good as it was going to get. Mom and dad both enjoyed their food and were too full to enjoy a dessert.

For my mothers day gift, Patrick got me a fern for my outside flower pot. Saturday we picked out some other flowers for my flower beds and enjoyed the day on Saturday and shared some good mother/son time planting them. (it was good for me anyway)

If you are a mother and you are reading this, I'd like to wish you a very happy mothers' day!

No comments: