Thursday, October 30, 2008

Another week (weak) end is approaching

This past weekend sucked! I had plans to eat a the Pines with my BFF Shelley. Harold, or Mike as he prefers, was having his last barbecue of the year and I had been looking forward to it for 2 weeks. Patrick was out of school for fall break, and I was getting cabin fever from not doing anything. I took my last vacation, sick and personal days off from work thinking I would spend the days with Patrick.

Well, Ric was 'on call' for the entire week, which meant he was off on Monday, but had to work on Saturday. It turned out he worked all day and all night! Ugh. Nothing worked out as planned.

I got up Sunday to go to church. Woke Patrick and by the time I was done in the bathroom, he was laying on the couch with a rag on his head, moaning, saying he was sick. I told him if he was sick, he was heading back to bed. I actually thought he was faking it, trying to get out of going to church.

I told Ric I'd be home at 10:45, I'd call Shelley, and we'd head to the Pines. About 10:30 Ric calls me and says Patrick is still in bed, he had a slight fever and wasn't feeling good.

Well, I didn't make it to the last barbecue and I know I missed the best meal I've eaten since the last time I ate there.

You can read about how good the food was by checking out Mike's blog at:

http://thepinesonline.com/whatiscookin/?p=616

and Shelley's blog at:

http://whatifitdid.com/?p=693

and of course they included pictures!

I'm not planning anything for this weekend since Patrick still isn't up to par. I couldn't handle two weekends of disappointments.

Friday night is Halloween, the weather is suppose to be in the 70's during the day, our church has their annual Trunk 'n Treat at 8 p.m. I've purchased over $140 worth of candy to hand out, plus all the other packages of treats that have been given to me. Probaby after Friday and eating all the chocolate, we will all be sick!

Happy Halloween everyone!

No comments: