Saturday, November 01, 2008

Did you get any candy?

Friday night was Halloween. Our church had their annual Trunk 'n Treat and everything went extremely well. I was the one in charge of getting everything set up for the Trunk 'n Treat. I think this is probably the 5th year I have done it, but for some reason this year was the smoothest ever.

I made an announcement at church for people to bring in candy if they could or if they preferred not to shop, if they wanted to donate any money, I'd be glad to purchase the candy for them.

I received $120.00 in cash and picked up the candy that was donated on Wednesday at church. The people had donated a huge box of Snickers (my fav) Kit Kats, Reese Cups, bubble gum, Butter Fingers, chocolate bars, Whoopers, Baby Ruth, suckers, etc. My living room floor was covered with candy!

I sorted the candy I had on Wednesday, made a list of what I had, then on Thursday headed to WalMart to spend my cash. I could not believe the people in the candy isle! The people were crazy! I had my trusty iPhone calculator and as Patrick would throw a bag of candy into the cart, I'd add it up! I donated $20 to the cause and when I was checked out it came to $143.00! I had another truck load of candy to sort!

The people who seen me with my cart full of candy said, "I'm coming to your house! Where do you live?" I laughed and said it was for my church, and they were welcome to come on Friday night.

Again, my living room floor was covered with chocolate! I sorted the candy putting the suckers together, candy bars, gum, etc all in a bag. By the time I finished I had around 25 bags of candy!

Friday night I loaded my truck up with the bags and headed to church. As people came to the Harvest Party, I lined the vehicles up to participate in the Trunk 'n Treat. I ended up with 10-12 cars to hand out the candy. I went inside to check out the party and ended up finding 8 more bags of candy to sort! As I was outside doing that and as people came to the party, they were still bring in candy! :-) I ended up with around 35 bags of candy to had out! What a blessing!

Some must have took my advice to come to the church, because we had over 300 goblins on Friday night! Another blessing. I estimate having over 7,500 pieces of candy, suckers, candy bars, etc which we gave to the Trunk 'n Treaters!

The entire night was truly a blessing. Sorry I don't have any pictures to share, I was too busy sorting and handing out candy! If you didn't make it, remember us the next Halloween. Bring your Trunk 'n Treat bag and we'll fill it up!

I wonder if 4-6 months from now if the dentist offices see a rise in patients?

No comments: