Wednesday, November 05, 2008

As all the others...

I'm sure there are millions and millions of bloggers in the USA, and I'm sure most of them have or will have a blog about our historic presidential election last night. It's my turn to blog about my disappointment. President-elect Barack Obama, democrat, won the election on Tuesday night. He gave his winning speech beginning at midnight on Wednesday. I missed the speech, but I'm sure the news will have it playing throughout the next few days. I'm sure we'll hear about the 'hope' and 'change' he based his campaign on. He said John McCain and himself made red states and blue states during the election, but we are actually the United States of America. Barack said he need my help. Since I didn't vote for him, he hears my voice and he wants to be my president.

That's what we hear now. Four years from now I'm sure we'll hear the excuse from the democrats blaming the Republicans for the democrats inability to dig our nation out of the recession we are in, the war in Iraq, the economy, Wall Street, etc...

The democrats have won the majority in the House and Senate. 435 House seats were contested with the democrats winning 254 of them compared to 173 for the republicans. 35 seats were contested in the Senate and the democrats snatched 17 to 14 for the republicans. Should be an interesting four years.

Normally, won by the republicans, Indiana voted for Obama 1,367,264 to 1,341,101 for McCain. Mitch Daniels won another term as our Governor by 18 percent, but in the 9th district congressional race, Baron Hill defeated Mike Sodrel by 20%.

John McCain said he always believes in the promise and greatness of America. Americans never quit or surrender. That's right, Mr. McCain! America is great and I, as an American, will not quit or surrender!

I have seen Oprah at Obama's speech last night so I couldn't wait till her show came on today. The title of her show is, "Oprah's Post-Election Special" I was thinking before it came on, I shouldn't watch it, but I couldn't help myself. And just as I thought, it made me sick! Oprah comes out to the song 'America' Oprah has her American flag, waving it, yelling, whoopie, whoopie, has a t-shirt on that reads, 'Hope Won' She said she had two words for America...she then holds up a newspaper with Obama's picture and says, "Mr. President" "Thank God! Thank God! Thank God" she kept saying, over and over. She then said if anyone watching her show wasn't in the 53% that voted for Obama, she wanted us to know she couldn't believe the sorrow we were going through. IF the election had a different outcome, her show would have been from the hospital while she was on life support. She was happy the election was over because she would not use her show as a platform for either candidate prior to the election, but thank God the election was over so she could talk about how she felt and who she supported. Duh! Like we didn't already know that! I changed the channel and now I'm watching The Young and the Restless. Kay Chancellor is still living, Ashley is still looking for Victor, Phyllis is in bed with Nick...

On January 20, 2009 president-elect Barack Obama will be sworn in as our 44th president...A CNN poll asked some Americans if they were glad the election was over. 94 percent said they were glad it is over...

Count me into the 94 percent!

Patrick was up till after 10 p.m. last night. We changed channels between FOX News, CNN, CBS and NBC to keep up with the results. Patrick made me promise before I went to bed to wake him up and let him know what the results were. I went to sleep in the chair, finally went to bed after 1 a.m. this morning, but told Patrick as he came into our bedroom at 3 a.m. Obama had won. He must have not heard what I said, as my alarm went off this morning, he jumped up, when into the family room and was watching the local news. Ric came in and told him Obama was the winner. He leaned up against the stove and said, "WHAT are we going to do now?"

No comments: