Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Some People Just Don't Like Me

That's right! Can you believe it?

Just as I get to work this morning, at about 8:00 a.m. the phone rings. I answer it, in my always pleasant voice. The female on the other end of the line asks if Norman is working. I say, "Who's calling please?"

Screaming at the top of her lungs, she responds, "IT DON'T MATTER WHO THIS IS IF HE'S THERE!"

Well, hmmmm, I guess it does matter who you are, to me it does, and probably to Norman too. What if there is someone in front of you wishing to speak to him? What if he already has someone in his office? Should I interrupt him? What if he's in the restroom and your wait time is going to be longer than you expect?

How I really wanted to respond and what I really wanted to say, I didn't.

After a short pause, I asked the caller if she would be able to hold. I placed the phone on hold, went to Norman's office and told him he had a phone call on line 1.

After I found out who it was, I wasn't surprised. Guess there is hatred in the world!

Oh, well, it's their problem, not mine! :-)

No comments: