Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Improving on Perfection

A few posts ago, I told my readers the way to make ding dong cup cakes. Scooping out the middle, adding the filling, warming the icing...well, I've improved what I thought was the perfect way to do it!

Some of my readers have asked me about the way I make my cake mix for the cup cakes. Yes, this is true. All I use is diet cola!

One box of cake mix
12 ounces of diet pop (1 1/2 cups)

That's it!

Mix one box of cake mix with the diet pop. If you are using a white cake mix, use diet 7 Up or diet sprite. For a dark cake mix, use diet coke or Pepsi. I have used root beer because that was all I had at the time and everything turned out fine. The cup cakes tasted great!

What I've made easier is the way you add the filling. I purchased an icing bag with the little attachments to make the decorations on a cake. I use the one with the biggest hole in it, fill my bag with the filling, then stick the tip into the cup cake, squeeze until the cup cake expands and begins to crack, then I stop. The filling is in the cup cake...without the mess! No scooping, no packing the cake back into the hole, and NO MESS!

I still heat my fudge chocolate icing for about 15 seconds to get it a little smoother and easier to spread. Stir the icing and spread onto each cup cake.

Last week for Christmas I made around 80 cup cakes in one evening and was done before I knew it! I gave most of those away to my great friends for their holiday enjoyment!

Tonight I made about 50, to give away again tomorrow. This time I got a little fancy:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Be prepared. I just might be knocking on your door again tomorrow with an awesome treat for you!

Happy New Year to everyone. May you be blessed in the new year with everything you attempt. May your health be perfect and may you be surrounded with love from great friends and family!

No comments: