Tuesday, October 20, 2009

October 2009

Patrick is on Fall Break this week, yes, all week, so I decided to take a vacation from work too. Plans were to go to Tennessee, but Ric wasn't able to get off from his work (another long story that I don't care to re-tell at this time) so, it ending up being Patrick and I who went on a short 2-night stay at Spring Mill Inn.

Photobucket

It was beautiful as always and the food was delicious. I never got a picture of the dining area, the food that was available, or any inside pictures at all. We played ping pong, went swimming in the indoor heated pool, played checkers and did puzzles and video games. It was a nice little get-a-way for a couple days of all the drama that goes on here in the 'burg.

Monday was simply beautiful so we decided to walk to the mill. The creek was full of water, some of the shops were open and we even got to see the mill at work, grinding some corn!

Photobucket

I can't recall how many times I've taken the exact same picture above. Seems like 100's or 1,000's, but every time I'm there I take another because it's so beautiful. On my facebook page, I have the entire album posted, so make sure to check out those photos as well.

Here's the website you can copy/paste to your browser:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=2729759&id=675904006

On our way back to the 'burg, we decided to stop and get some lunch meat and head up Skyline Drive. Again, I don't know how many times I've taken the next couple of shots, but again, it seems like 100's and every time it seems more beautiful...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I thank God for His beauty and for being able to enjoy the scenery.

Hopefully, everyone will be able to get outdoors and enjoy a little of the beautiful fall colors nature has provided for us this year! Enjoy yourselves!


.

No comments: