Monday, December 10, 2012

What Are You Trying To Find Out?

I've taken a few surveys recently, filled out some applications, and answered some questions I have questions about. I guess it all depends on what the survey or application is about and what they are looking for as to how and what questions are asked. For example, you're often asked your sex, martial status, education level, are you employed or unemployed, do you own or rent your home, race, income, and the ever popular question...your age! Often you're not asked for a specific number, rather an age group. They are all different with the most recent application I filled out being... 18-28 30-44 45-59 60+ Of course no one thinks about their age when checking the first group. The second group you realize you are getting older. Then you move to the third group and in this particular survey there are only four groups to choose from, so it don't take long to get to the 60+ group! I think the number system should change and not make us feel old so quickly. Maybe something like... 18-40 41-75 76-99 100-130 131+ Yeah, I like that!

No comments: