Monday, November 22, 2010

Thankfulness

The standard list of five senses doesn't really give our bodies credit for all of the amazing things they can do. There are at least a dozen different things we can sense. Using the standard five senses, hearing, sight, smell, touch, and taste, I’m thankful everyday that my body has those. Hearing Patrick laughing or playing is guitar makes me thankful I can hear. Seeing the joy on his face of his accomplishments, and the man he’s becoming, makes me thankful I can see. Smelling and tasting the chocolate chip cookies we have baked together for Christmas mornings, makes me thankful for being able to smell and taste. Feeling the warm, loving hugs I get from him makes me so thankful for the sense of touch.

I have so many things in my life to be thankful for this Thanksgiving and all the days ahead!

1 comment:

Shelley said...

Awww! Patrick is very special, and I'm thankful for the opportunity to know him (and of course you). How else could I have heard him brag about the Patriots win, smell the pancakes he ate, and see the gooey barbeque mixed with cheese and ranch dressing on the french fries he had for dessert? ;-)