Friday, July 11, 2008

It's a guy thing...

Ok, I don't understand it...

First of all, we are all safe and sound, back home again in Indiana. You won't hear me tooting my horn because after being in the beautiful state of Tennessee, Indiana just doesn't do much for me. I'll eventually settle down and learn to like it here again soon, but my first chance I get, I'll be back in Tennessee!

We got on the road before 9 a.m. like I wanted. It was 8:54 a.m. when we got in the truck and left our cabin. We stopped at Walgreens because I needed some new sunglasses. Mine had gotten lost on the tubing ride we had taken earlier, so I need a new pair before leaving sunny Tennessee.

From there we stopped at a place called Flapjacks. I was going to take a picture of the food we ordered, but we were running short on time and the food looked too good when it was brought to us, I was half way done with my breakfast and realized I hadn't taken a picture! It was good AND pretty!

We left there, got gas for $3.78 a gallon at Kroger and headed north to Indiana. I had estimated we would arrive in Madison for Patrick's ball game at 4:15 p.m. We made excellent time and were sitting in Subway in Madison at 3:45 p.m. After we ate our late lunch we headed to the Madison High School baseball field. Patrick changed into his uniform and we waited under a shade tree for the rest of the team. About 5:20 the rest of his team showed up. But, there was a problem. Game time was scheduled for 6:00 p.m. and at 5:30 p.m. the other team still had showed up! Finally, Coach Chris called someone who called someone and had the Madison coach call him. HE was showing cattle at the county fair!!! HE had forgotten about the game scheduled for this evening! So, instead of playing Madison, we loaded the team back in the vehicles and headed for Crothersville for practice.

We hadn't been home yet from Tennessee, so we told the team we would meet them at the field after we stopped by the house first.

We eventually made it home from Madison without any problems. Thanks to the good Lord for answered prayers! When I pulled into the driveway and looked around at everything that had growed and bloomed since we had left 9 days earlier. I got out of the truck and couldn't wait to get inside. I opened the screen door and could smell an order coming from inside. It smelled like something soured. I immediately asked Ric if he had taken the trash out? I thought I might have left some food in the trash and it had spoiled. When I unlocked the family room door, I could tell it wasn't trash. I asked Ric if he had flipped the breakers to the electric box off and he said, "I shut some of them off, why?" Well, just as I had thought, he shut the breaker off to the refridgerator!

Now, the next time you go to your fridge, take a good look at it, I mean a really long, hard look at it. I'm telling you there are cracks and crevices where thawed juices can run that are unimaginable!

I took Patrick to practice and returned to clean up the mess. We mopped and scrubbed and sprayed and soaked the entire fridge to where it looks like I have a brand new one! ;-) We had a few items we brought back from Tennessee, but I have nothing for breakfast in the morning.

You are probably wondering why the title of this blog is 'It's a guy thing' Well, I don't understand why there is a need to turn off the electric when we are gone. Patrick seems to think it is because if someone breaks in at night, while we are gone, they won't be able to turn on the lights to see what they want to steal, hmmm? Makes sense, I guess. It is funny to watch my family prepare for vacation. If the windows and doors and locks are checked once, I bet they are checked a dozen times. All switches need to be in the off position, if something is plugged in, it must be unplugged, PLUS the breaker is also in the off position. In the past I've tried to change my wonderful husband from being so insane about all of this, but nothing as worked. I just make sure I have packed what is needed and leave him to his chores.

I bet this lesson has spoken louder than any words I could ever say to him!

No comments: