Thursday, April 10, 2008

Good to the last drop...??

When I make a pot of tea I boil some water, put the tea bags in the hot boiling water and let them set on the counter for a few minutes before I pour it into a cup or a pitcher. I always rinse the tea bags a few times and pour the water into the pitcher then I squeeze the tea bags to make sure I get the last drop of tea from them...ever feel like a tea bag, like you have been squeezed so much that the last little bit of tea is drained out of you?

Isn't it amazing how you can have such a high at one moment only to have it all sucked out of you in an instant?

I have a great friend who calls me on occasions to pick his kids up from school because him and his wife are out of town and not able to make it back in time. When I had to pick their kids up on Tuesday, their daughter couldn't wait to share a song with me. She said all the girls were singing it at lunch and at recess that day:

Girls go to college to get more knowledge,
boys go to Jupiter to get more stupidier.

Ahhh, the words from the mouths of babies. I'm not sure who had the best time with the song, the little girl singing it to me for the first time, or the hundreds of times I've sung it since I've heard it!

No comments: