Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Old? Not yet.

I remember six years ago looking at my dad and thinking,(to myself of course) man, he is beginning to look old! If you have seen my parents, they don't look 70years old. Six years ago my dad had just turned 70 and we had planned a surprise birthday party for him. As he was greeting his friends and family I was standing across the room watching him. I guess with him going into a new decade was what had my brain thinking he was old. I mean the day before when he was 69, he didn't look old. That day he did.

I realized by the time I got used to the 70's age, he didn't seem to look old any longer. Yesterday we celebrated Dad's 76th birthday. He seems to be in good health and don't have any problems. I guess he is like all the other older people. He has doctor appointments and takes a few pills, but for the most part he's healthy.

Today he came into the office and was telling me his sugar level was up a little bit and at his eye doctor appointment the doctor was telling him that might be effecting his eye a bit. Dad is one that watches what he eats pretty well and knows he cannot over do some things as it does effect him. So I asked the question, "What have you been eating?"

"I've had some fried foods," he says. Ok, well that could have been the problem! "What did you have?" I asked. "French fries and oysters," was his reply. Well hello dad! That might have a little to do with it. Of course, I didn't need to tell him that!

His response is he is going to starting eating better . . .starting tomorrow. He will, I know it.

Happy 76th birthday Dad! I love you!

No comments: