Thursday, April 24, 2008

A beautiful day...

It was a blessing to come home this evening after a strenuous day in the Town Hall office (but what day isn't strenuous there?) and look at the beauty around my home. After a couple days of 80 degree weather it is truly amazing what God can do.

I call these my onion plants. If you try to pull them up it is impossible. The tops of the flower breaks off and then your hands smell like wild onions. I'm not sure what the proper name is for these, but they are all around my flower beds as border plant:

Photobucket

This is my one lone tulip left. I love the colors of purple:

Photobucket

My lilies in my flower bed are popping up. They probably need thinned out, but I don't have time to do that. Shouldn't be much longer they will be having their yellow and white blooms:

Photobucket

My fern I borrowed from my neighbor last year is returning this year:

Photobucket

Another purple flower I have is this azalea bush. It is loaded with buds and should be in full bloom in a few days:

Photobucket

Out of all my fowers and trees I have in my yard, this by far is my most favorite. It is a wisteria tree. This time of year you see tons of red bud trees in bloom. They are pretty too, but this is simply breath taking:

Photobucket

I love to just stand under the tree and take in a deep breath and enjoy the aroma of the wisteria scent:

Photobucket

There are thousands of grape like blooms on this tree:

Photobucket

April has by far not been my favorite month, but after seeing the beauty of nature it can sure take your breath away.

No comments: