Tuesday, June 07, 2011

All I Can Do Is Smile

I absolutely love spring sports. Baseball, softball, track, and golf. Don't get me wrong...I like volleyball and basketball too, but it's just something about the outdoors in the spring that makes the sports more enjoyable.

Sadly, the spring sports for my family ended Friday. The golf team traveled to Otis Park to play in their sectional. This was my second time there and it was still as beautiful as the first time.



The team started out on hole 10 at 8a.m. and played through hole 18, then tee'd off on hole 1 a little after 10a.m. to complete their 18 holes for the day. The weather was beautiful with almost perfect temperature.

What was really working good was Patrick's shots. He finished the back 9 holes and set a new school record with a score of 40, breaking the old school record of 42. The news spread like wildfire and everyone was congratulating Patrick as he made his way to the next 9 holes. I quickly found out if he could tally a 56 on the second 9, he'd break the record for 18 holes.

He had just scored a 40, surely he could do 9 more holes in less than 56 hits. Well, YES he did! Patrick ended up hitting 47 on the front 9, for a total of 87...a school record for 18 holes!






Patrick had a nice young man from Eastern Greene who was his with him all morning and most of the afternoon. His name was Landon. Hopefully we will get to see him and his mother again next spring!



It seems just like yesterday our spring sports consisted of coaching Patrick in pee-wee league baseball. My, my, where has the time gone??

Congratulations son, I'm extremely proud of the young man you have become.



No comments: