Sunday, August 08, 2010

More Activities During Our Summer Vacation

I had been watching the weather in Tennessee for several weeks before our vacation. The place we were going was getting hammered with rain almost daily. This was good news for us!

The last time we vacationed in Tennessee, we got the bright idea to go river rafting. It was fun, but the water level in the river was extremely low, so most of the trip we had to walk the bank. One rapids we maneuvered punctured a hole in my tube, so the rest of the trip was quite boring.

This time was different. The water levels were perfect, the rapids were, well, rapids and the trip was fun! Entering the water up stream took your breath away at first, but as all of us got on our tubes and started floating down stream, we forgot about the coldness of the water.

The entire trip has four different rapids to go through. Sadly, I wasn't able to take my camera to get any photos. Heck, you'd better not take anything unless you want to leave it in the river! My favorite pair of sunglasses have been there for two years!

The second rapids we traveled through got the best of me. When I finally got above water, I could hear Ric yelling at Patrick, "Patrick!! Stop Mommy! Get ahold of her! Stop Mommy!" Whew! What a ride it was to say the least! After I realized I hadn't broken my knee cap on one of the under water rocks, I was able to get back on my tube and continue my journey. Just this week, my knee finally healed from the scrapes and bruises I received.

The third and fourth rapids were more gentler and kinder to us. Quick, but no problems. We did see some interesting things in the river like hunks of concrete with rebar coming out in all directions. Luckily, we seen it before our rafts did, so we didn't encounter any problems.

Ric said the trip was for 'young' people and he didn't want to go anymore. Patrick and I tried to talk him into another trip, but he didn't want no part of it. Oh well, maybe if we ever make it down to the River Rage again, we'll make more family memories...and live to tell about 'em!

No comments: