Monday, February 08, 2010

Do People Believe This Crap?

Today I received the following email from the United States Postal Service. First I thought, how in the world did they get my email address, then I thought it might be from something we had ordered online. Until I read the email I wasn't sure:

USPS OFFICE AUTHORITY
P.O BOX 55, NEW YORK NY, 10116-0555
MAIL TO:SERVICE@POST.COM

(looks official so far)

This is to notify you that we have intercepted your parcel from DHL/UPS courier service from delivering the parcel to you for security reasons as stated below.

(don't remember ordering from DHL/UPS)

1. Our scanning system detected your parcel containing a confirmable
ATM CARD.

(must be some pretty good scanning devices the USPS has)

Before the parcel could be delivered, you are obliged to obtain A Duly Sworn Affidavit from the Spanish High Court in Spain

(in Spain?)

to back up the the origin of the Parcel,this is in line with the Anti Terrorist Campaign due to the Law Implemented by government of United States of America to protect and reduce the terrorist activities.

(wow the Government is on top of the game now)

We kindly advise you to contact the agent in Madrid, Spain to get the Sworn Affidavit for you. Please note that the cost of the Sworn Affidavit costs only $154

(only $154?)

which must paid by the receiver of the parcel.Below is the contact details of the agent in charge. He will advice you on how the payment should be made so please contact him immediately you receive this notification.

(oh, my! do I call so my parcel can continue it's journey? what if I pay the $154 and my ATM card only contains $5, or what if it has a bajillion on it?)

Name: Mr Michael Boston
Email:michaelboston2@mail2world.com
Tel:0034 639 032 542
Secure Email:michaelboston2@mail2world.com

We shall forward the card to you as soon as we receive the Duly Sworn Affidavit, we are doing this to secure your interest considering the credit card frauds and stolen cheque which brings problem to American citizens all around the world.

(I think the America people are having problems, but it's not from Madrid Spain!)

Your prompt response is most higly desired to terminate the delivering of your parcel.

(Sorry Mr. Boston or Mr. Gillian, I'm not playing)

Mr William R Gillian, Jnr
Chief Postal Inspection Service.

No comments: