Friday, January 29, 2010

Strike! Spare! Gutter Ball!

About a month ago our son Patrick attended a birthday party of one of his friends. They traveled to Louisville Kentucky to go bowling at a sports establishment. (I have forgotten the name of the place) Well, to our surprise, Patrick won a free party for 12 of his friends by bowling three strikes in a row!

A couple weeks ago we traveled back to Louisville with a bunch of our friends to redeem the coupon. I can't remember the last time I went bowling, but I do know I have only been three times in my lifetime, and two of those times were during my junior and senior after-prom! I think once, while Ric and I were dating, we had a bowling date, so this outing was my fourth time!

We absolutely had a blast. The food wasn't all that great, but all the laughter we shared made up for it and we had a great time!

Little did I know Ric was getting addicted to bowling. The following Wednesday he thought it would be a great idea to go again!

So now I can say I have been bowling seven times! Three of those have been in the last three weeks!!! Yup, it's pretty much a given the family will be bowling once a week from now on, or at least till the addiction wears off!

Next time I promise I'll take the camera to capture some of the fun times so I can share that too!

No comments: