Monday, August 11, 2008

The Speedway

Saturday the family and I went to Brownstown to watch the races at the speedway. I remember going over 30+ years ago with my parents and brothers. Back then the drivers would get angry if they spun out, so they would just sit on the track until the flagman waved the yellow flag. They would get their postion back, and the race would continue, until the next spin and the next caution.

I can't count the number of times the caution came out on Saturday, the tow truck would start to go get the wrecked/spun out car, then the car would take off (or magically restart) once the yellow flag came out.

I guess some things change over a 30 year period, but not the racing at Brownstown Speedway! ;-)

(I didn't take my iPhone, so I don't have any photographys to share, so maybe the family and I will go back in a couple weeks and I'll have some pictures of the track, fans, cars and drivers!)

No comments: