Tuesday, January 07, 2014

Everyone Is Talking About It

The weather. The hot topic for the last several days.

The deep freeze, dangerously cold air, and a new word ... Polar Vortex. I'm sure this word will be added to the dictionary later this year, since 'selfie' and 'twerking' was added in 2013.

Frigid air from the north pole, swirling down on top of us making the temperature colder than the temperature on Mars!

January 6, 2014 picture at 8:00am from our local bank


I kept checking the weather throughout the day on my weather map app on my phone. At 11:55am on the same date, it was a negative 8 degrees. With the wind chill factored in the temperature was a bone chilling negative 28 degrees! Yes, that is cold!


I seen several videos of people boiling water, going outside and throwing the hot water up in the cold air, creating instant frozen water. I didn't try that, but I'm sure it works since I seen it on Facebook!

If you're going to boil some water, I'd suggest adding some instant hot chocolate mix to it and stay inside and enjoy a good book or a movie! Stay warm!




No comments: