Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Sadness

Around 2 o'clock today I got a call from a former co-worker telling me about our friend Don had just passed away. I have so many good and funny memories of Don and the things he used to do to try to get the 'girls in the office' railed. Sometimes it worked, and sometimes it didn't. The best of times is when Nancy, Marlene, and I would get one over on Don. At first he wouldn't laugh, but later, sometimes years later, he'd finally see the humor we were trying to create!



Above is a picture of the Town Council president, Bill, with Don after his retirement, receiving his plaque from the Town.

I know Don's in a much better place, finally pain free, and full of joy. I'm sure Danny is happy to see him again and they have probably already pulled a few pranks! I'm sure going to miss him.

1 comment:

Shelley said...

Quite a few years ago, we (my family, Don, Billy Joe & many others) were to have a gathering with a pig roast and beans cooked over an open fire. Pig in the ground, the rain started and flooded everything. The cooks wore rain suits and when it was over, the pork wasn't so great, but we had enough beans (and homemade cornbread) to feed the entire town.

Thanks for sharing the photo, Alisa. It brought back a fond memory. Don will certainly be missed.