Monday, September 21, 2009

Good Food...Good Times...Good Memories!

Sunday night Patrick's house youth group was at our home for the evening. I think the way it works is which ever home you are at for the week, what you eat is their child's favorite food. At least that is the way it was last night at our home! I had 10 pounds of cheesy potatoes, 4 boxes of mac and cheese, 20 pounds of chicken breast, batches of ultimate chocolate chip cookies, peanut butter cup cookies, sweet tea, mountain dew, big red and root beer. It was lots and lots and lots of food, but everyone enjoyed it and almost all of it was gone!

Today I'm going to share with you the way I made my chicken. I got the recipe from my good friend, Mike Hall, with The Pines Restaurant. His blog can be found here:

http://pinesponderings.com/

First I started with thawed chicken breast. I cut them up into nugget size bites.

Photobucket

I then made a batch of flour and Marion-Kay Spices and coated the nuggets.

Photobucket

I placed some oil in the pan and placed the flour coated nuggets in the hot oil.

Photobucket

I let the nuggets get a golden brown before turning them. I don't cook them too fast, as it causes them to get a little tough. Cooking them slowly ensures they are cooked through thoroughly.

Photobucket

I didn't get a picture of the completed batch, however, I did manage a picture after the evening was over...

Photobucket

I guess they were as good as they looked! I had just a few pieces left and everyone left with a full stomach and smiles on their faces!

In my next blog I will try to give everyone another recipe to try, and please let me know how it turns out for you!

The secret to the chicken is the spice.

Photobucket

99-X from Marion-Kay. You can't go wrong! Enjoy!

No comments: