Friday, March 27, 2009

What a great day!!

Today is my birthday! Someone mentioned to me I'd be done with birthdays after this year. Well, I hope not! I hope I have 50+ more birthdays! I won't be done with birthdays, I will just be done counting them!!! I'll be 49 and holding forever!

Today my BFF Shelley took Patrick and I to Jeeves and Company in Scottsburg. If we would have stopped at our spinach salad with chicken and garlic salad with chicken, we would have been ok, but noooo...

With it being my birthday, I thought why not? I normally don't do desserts, but today was the exception. And after today, it might be hard to decline the dessert the next time.

Shelley and I both had the brownie with ice cream, chocolate and caramel, with whip cream. I was thinking I was in heaven!



Photobucket


It was even better than the picture looks! By the time we were done, we were miserable. Happy, but miserable! Shelley and I have been friends for a number of years and today, we added to the tons of memories we share. Shelley and I were both blessed with brothers but no sisters. I consider her my sister I never had. If God had given me a sister, I don't think she could be as good as friend as Shelley. Check out her rendition of our friendship here:

http://whatifitdid.com/?p=1252

I have received several well wishes, cards, flowers, gifts, and phone calls from my friends and family today. I appreciate each and every thought. I'm truly blessed to have such a loving group of people around me. I love each and everyone of you and I'm a better person for having you in my life!

No comments: