Thursday, November 14, 2013

Thanking A Veteran


Some of the Veterans in my family.

Top left to right are James "Ed" Scifres, my grandfather, WWI. Dwight J Sweazy, my father-in-law, WWII. Barton Riley, my dad, Air Force during the Korean War. Bottom row, left to right are Harold "Bud" Scifres, my uncle, Army during the Korean War. Guy L Riley, Navy, my oldest brother, and Larry J Riley, Navy, my younger brother.

The Crothersville FFA had a tribute to the Veterans on Novermber 11, 2013 at 11:00am. They had asked the public for pictures of Veterans and these are the ones I sent to them. I have several other Veterans in my family, but couldn't get the pictures of them in time. Even though they aren't pictured here, I still thank them for the freedoms we all share today.

I'm going to make it a point to thank the men and women who have fought and continue to fight for our freedom. Not just on Veterans Day, but everyday!

No comments: